Star Lumber & Supply Co., Inc. delivers confidence through our products and our people. We are seeking a results oriented Project Manager to join our Commercial Flooring team. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordination and execution of various project phases, while serving as a liaison to vendors, general contractors, owners’ representatives. The ideal candidate will regularly adjust to a wide range of client needs and operate in a fast paced environment.
• Build effective relationships with key stakeholders and communicate progress through all phases of project(s)
• Responsible for change orders, scheduling and quality
• Create, monitor and execute schedule of each project
• Work with customer to ensure work aligns with specifications
• Oversee activity of subcontract crew
• Conduct job site visits to monitor work progress, safety and quality from start to punch list
• Ability to read/ interpret architectural blueprints & specifics
• Maintain quality and efficiency standards while managing multiple projects
• Communicate effectively with a variety of customers, verbally and written
• Knowledge of construction project life cycle
• Valid driver’s license
• Some evening and weekend work is required
• Knowledge of flooring products, systems and installations
• Experience estimating commercial jobs for flooring installations
• Ability to read and interpret commercial architectural blueprints & specifications
• Experience using Measure Software
• Product and service knowledge around flooring products
• Experience with CAD software
• Demonstrate the ability to resolve conflict or manage difficult conversations
Additional Salary Information: commensurate with experience
About Star Lumber & Supply Co., Inc.
Why Choose Star?
Star wants to be your remodeling partner. No matter the project - new flooring, replacement windows, a fence or a deck, a new exterior for your home - you will find a professional at Star that specializes in that area. Star's ongoing education programs mean our sales professionals are well versed in the newest innovations and products in their specific area.
Often finding a reliable contractor is a challenge. Not when you come to Star. The installation on all of our products is done by the best contractors in the area. You get not only the product warranty and the installer's warranty but Star's 75-year reputation standing behind every product and every installation.
Quality materials, trained professionals, national brands, guaranteed installation. Star Delivers confidence - in our products and in our people. For 75 years Star has been building better homes, better communities and better lives.
We Deliver. Period.
With the market's largest delivery fleet of vehicles nobody can deliver products to your job site better. Regardless if you need a full house package or a small "hot-shot" delivery we can get it to you.
Our mission is to lead our ind...ustry by providing the best value in quality products and customer service for the construction, improvement, and maintenance of the home. We will make fair profits and be a respected community citizen.
Last, but certainly not least, Star is a Wichita company. None of the money goes to a corporate headquarters in another part of the country. For 75 years, the Goebel Family Star Lumber Charitable Fund has supported and continues to support hundreds of local organizations that make life better for our fellow citizens and our community.