The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This is the highest level of Project Management at which the individual is responsible for the full performance of every phase of a major project or group of smaller projects. The individual is responsible for planning, directing, supervising and controlling all technical, fiscal and administrative functions of contractual activities. A Project Manager at this level may supervise one or more lower level Project Managers or the entire project staff. This role is based in Ft Bend County and is focused on delivering a large Cap, multi-year School bond Capital improvement program.
• Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contracts) on multiple project assignments
• Manage project development from programming through completion in accordance with program objectives
• Manages all budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
• Manages the review and approval process for consultant invoices and contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Control Manager for proper posting in reporting program
• Attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress meetings; issues meeting minutes during design
• Resolves complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect license/certification required.
• LEED AP required.
• Bachelor of Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management preferred
• 10 years of Project Construction Management experience required
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing large programs with projects in construction values excess of $100 million required
• At least 1 large capital program exceeding $100 million in total value.
• Must have K-12 School construction experience.
• Strong working knowledge in design and construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, environmental and LEED applications, team building and client relationship building preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.