Anderson Howard is seeking qualified assistant project managers with 2 - 5 years experience in the electrical construction and / or low voltage electrical / telecommunications industry (including experience with systems and cabling) and familiarity with EIA / TIA standards. The candidate should have knowledge of construction documentation, trade and product, as well as experience pricing electrical work.
The Assistant Project Manager's role includes:
- Building and fostering strong, healthy and positive working relationships with customers, vendors and subcontractors;
- Managing customer / client processes with regard to project documentation for RFIs, submittals, billings, POs and other procedures, as required;
- Keeping apprised of the team's cash position on projects;
- Preparing schedule of values for review by project manager;
- Gaining awareness of open and accounts receivables and familiarizing themselves with accounts payable departments of customer base;
- Demonstrating ability to prepare and establish budgets, estimates and change orders;
- Reviewing invoices received from accounts payable on projects and working with project manager to approve or reject invoices;
- Actively engaging in pre-planning and pre-fabrication processes;
- Being aware of and observing contractual notice requirements;
- Assisting project manager in tracking and monitoring schedule milestones, specifically identifying schedule impacts;
- Reviewing and analyzing project documents, including project specifications and plans to ensure that work conforms to project requirements;
- Attending and participating in weekly construction meetings at project site locations as required;
- Assisting project manager with equipment and supply scheduling, delivery and distribution activities;
- Organizing, tracking and maintaining project-related files;
- Ensuring compliance with company, industry, trade and jurisdictional safety standards, practices and codes;
- Inputting requests for change into the system;
- Demonstrating ability to price time and material work and accurately take off delta drawings;
- Demonstrating ability to accurately budget requests for change;
- Pursuing and following up with change order execution with customer
- Supporting the consistent coordination and implementation of project site construction, quality and safety standards;
- Consistently delivering accurate and timely project status updates throughout all project phases;
- Regularly providing project reports, documentation, technical assistance and reports to project manager
- Collaborating and working closely with project manager to ensure all aspect of the project are being handled and given the appropriate attention;
- Evaluating and drawing attention to aspects of project being overlooked or not being given the proper attention and strategizing how to resolve these issues with the project team;
- Demonstrating capacity to accomplish tasks without constant or consistent oversight from project manager
About Anderson Howard
With over fifty years of experience, Anderson Howard provides unsurpassed value and attention to detail as an electrical contractor and consultant, specializing in both electrical and low voltage. We believe that we have relationships rather than customers. Cultivating healthy relationships, both internally and externally, has helped us to create and retain the reputation of being the go to electrical contractor.
Our reputation is built upon our AUTHENTIC culture. What does it mean to be AUTHENTIC?
Always be present and available;
Understand that everything matters;
Treat people with dignity and respect;
Honestly and bravely communicate;
Embrace the journey;
Nurture healthy relationships;
Trust in the team and be transparent;
Integrity and accountability for our actions;
Continuously grow and develop.
Living by our core values and observing these behaviors allows us to create opportunities for our people and be a part of their growth, both personally and professionally. They help us ensure we are focused on delivering quality and most importantly, work with purpose. We believe that a healthy organization and culture is the key to success in the industry and the Anderson Howard difference.