The Hotel Construction Manager is primarily responsible for delivering completed construction projects on time and on/under budget. This includes scheduling projects in logical steps and budgeting appropriate time required to meet deadlines. The Construction Manager inspects and review projects to monitor compliance with brand requirements, building codes, life safety standards, and other regulations such as ADA.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Manage Property Improvement Plans (PIP) including renovation, new development (ND) construction projects, and other projects as assigned.
· Serve as construction expert for BIG/BTM construction related projects.
· Ensure compliance with Brand Design Initiatives, franchise License Agreement, PIP, Plan Review and FF&E submittals, and brand standards.
· Provide construction expertise and implementation assistance through all phases of renovation and construction.
· Conduct progress site visits as hotels prepare for renovation and construction, and throughout the construction process.
· Assist in defining project expectations, determining project readiness, resolving any field design and construction issues, ensure conformance to Brand Designs and Brand Standards.
· Verify condition of quality of installation, timely completion of construction, and conformance to building codes, brand standards, approved plans, life safety standards, and required codes to include all regulatory compliance such as the ADA.
· Manage yearly assigned travel budget and reconcile expenses on a monthly basis.
· Act as A&D department first level of appeal to franchisee/owner waiver requests and timeline extension requests for construction related issues.
· Negotiate installation issues and provide viable plans and strategies, where possible, to get hotels completed with the renovation or construction process in a timely manner.
· Responsible to make sure that all construction/renovation milestones are monitored on a pro-active basis and that information is communicated to appropriate parties.
· Consult with franchisees, design professionals, contractors, and project managers to assist in the development of construction schedules for Property Improvement Plan (PIP) and new development hotel projects.
· Provide accurate reporting on project schedules and status of renovation or construction for all projects on a timely basis.
· Lead the enforcement of implementation of Brand Design program compliance.
· Develop good Brand and Owner relations offering assistance as needed within reason. Manager is expected to offer construction and design solutions to problems.
Thorough knowledge of the lodging construction industry.
5+ years of related experience:
Project management experience in organizing, planning and executing complex, large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
Experience complying with Building Codes, Life Safety Requirements, and ADA Standards.
Ability to read blueprints including architectural, mechanical, plumbing, sprinkler systems and electrical drawings. Ability to read architectural and interior design specifications.
Ability to remain current with construction trends, code requirements and design through participating in annual continuing education classes.
Possess superior communication skills, oral and written.
Self-motivated, well organized, and results driven professional. Ability to meet deadlines.
Highly computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Suite especially Excel.
Total compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include a base salary, bonus, and benefits to include fully paid medical insurance for the team member.
About Banyan Investment Group
Banyan Investment Group is a hotel investment and management company that has appeared multiple times on Inc's list of fastest growing private companies in the United States. We currently have 17 properties in our hotel portfolio and offer a dynamic work environment with avenues for professional and personal growth. We strive to create a positive work environment where team members feel like they are part of family, receive a high level of respect, and are recognized for their merits and accomplishments.
We seek individuals who unequivocally embody our core values:
Transparent & Accountable, Humble, Respectful & Dedicated, Embrace Opportunity, Create Value for Shareholders, Family Matters