Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in construction management, urban planning, environmental science, public policy, or closely related field and five years of experience providing technical support in the oversight and preparation of complex regulatory processes in construction, land use, and environmental regulation compliance; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Possession of a valid Washington State Drivers License.
Required Knowledge of:
• Operations, services, and activities of a permit process program.
• Pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations as related to environmental compliance.
• Regulatory agency processes.
• Architectural, urban planning, environmental science, engineering, structural and other disciplines.
• Understanding of erosion control and water quality issues.
• Principles and procedures of record keeping.
• Customer service and public relations methods and techniques.
• Methods and techniques of research and analysis.
• Project management techniques and principles.
• Techniques to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities.
• Principles of business letter writing and report preparation.
• English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical databases.
Required Skill in:
• Utilizing personal computer software programs affecting assigned work and in compiling and preparing spreadsheets and reports.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public.
• Interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
• Interpreting and applying applicable federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations.
• Applying advanced principles and practices of the regulatory approval process.
• Preparing and analyzing data and reports.
• Demonstrating a positive customer service orientation with both internal and external clients.
• Researching, analyzing, and evaluating new service delivery methods and techniques.
• Collaborating with multiple regulatory agencies in advancing agency goals.
• Working effectively under pressure, meeting deadlines, and adjusting to changing priorities.
• Applying appropriate oral and written communication techniques to various individuals.
• Applying project management techniques and principles.
• Working cooperatively with other departments, Agency officials, and outside agencies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Work is performed in a standard office environment.
• Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds; may occasionally be exposed to dangerous machinery and extreme noise when working in the field.
The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
Apply online: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/soundtransit/default.cfm
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value workplace diversity. We seek to create an environment and culture that embraces the differences of our employees. You will find an exceptionally diverse group of people at Sound Transit with regard to culture, beliefs, communication styles, and life and work experiences.
All qualified applicants are considered in accordance with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status or any another legally protected status.