|The Manager, Design Technologies Integration will provide leadership, input and guidance on the integration, incorporation and adoption of new and emerging technologies relevant to the Authority's needs in the design and construction of our facilities. |
| Essential Tasks of the Job: |
|The responsibilities of this position include supervision of a team of 4 individuals that provides services related to design and construction including GIS, CAD, BIM and various graphic requests. As such, the Manager will provide leadership, direction and oversight in all these areas for in-house staff, will direct and manage consultants and sub consultants GIS, CAD and BIM submissions; and will investigate the integration of these design/construction technologies with other Authority systems such as asset management, specifications, commissioning, project reviews, and survey. |
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
• Provide oversight of the graphics, GIS and BIM implementation in projects from developing BIMxP (BIM Execution Plan) to calculate ROIs.
• Further develop organization-wide procedures and guidelines that conform to our culture and the emerging best practices for documentation, design and construction.
• Manage, lead, and develop Capital Programs DTIG internal staff; support both internally and externally developed BIM projects. For internally developed projects the manager may be the primary modeler supporting different divisions in Massport
• Able to motivate professionals, external partners and direct reports
• Facilitate BIMxP and BIM Uses meetings amongst all project stakeholders; ensure that the BIMxP once accepted is adhered to for the entire duration of the project.
• Develop, maintain and standardize processes, document best practices and provide knowledge sharing throughout the Department and the Authority
• Direct and manage A/E consultants, sub consultants and Construction Managers in the set-up and development of the BIMxP, per CP standards.
• Manage the QA/QC process of Drawings and Models delivered by consultants and construction managers. Facilitate stakeholders reviews and deliver constructive feedback to the team regarding GIS and BIM compliance.
• Collaborate and support other Capital Programs Units to pursue, test and recommend innovative technologies and their integration with other areas like energy performance analysis, lighting design, sustainability and resiliency.
• Provide upper-level support for organizing project data, developing custom procedures, and customizing software to make the most efficient use of the technologies being utilized by the Authority.
• Create training courses and materials, assisting with implementation throughout the office as needed including regular and on-demand training sessions.
• Report on the Authority current and projected state in regards to GIS and BIM implementation.
• Maintain Revit content libraries, and oversight of new software rollouts.
SECONDARY JOB TASKS:
Liaison with IT and other departments and project staff to ensure functional and efficient hardware and software for staff in the office and on jobsite
Assists other departmental personnel in graphic matters.
Ability to manage and design several projects at a given time.
Conducts public presentations to various internal and external groups.
Assures that projects are brought to a successful conclusion and within budget constraints.
Maintains project files as appropriate.
Working with the Manager, Project Systems Support, develops and maintains guidelines and manuals for visualization elements of design for the Department, including BIM, GIS, and graphics.
Performs other duties as assigned.