Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking a Construction Manager, to join our team.
The Construction Manager will coordinate all college construction projects in accordance with the Board of Trustee Policies and state laws. The areas of responsibilities include all major rehabilitation projects either funded locally or by the state. The Construction Manager will serve as Triton's foreman on all construction projects including projects managed by the College's architect and/or the Capital Development Board.
1. Provide campus wide coordination in the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of construction projects for the college.
2. Serve as a resource for assessing the necessity and urgency of projects as well as preliminary cost estimates to complete project. Once projects are approved, establish project schedules, prepare all necessary proposal/bid documentation and manage projects to completion.
3. Act as the liaison between the College's architects and Triton College providing monthly progress reports of all work in progress or completed by the architects.
4. Act as the liaison between contractors and Triton College when the project is not managed by the College's architects or the Capital Development Board.
5. Responsible for writing all Request For Proposals and making recommendations for construction projects that do not utilize the College's architects.
6. Responsible for evaluating all Request for Proposals/Bid Documents generated by the College's architects prior to publication.
7. Assists with validating accuracy of Triton's Facility File (Building Inventory and Room Inventory and Usage).
8. Obtain and file all waivers of liens and obtain and forward appropriate Certification of Final Completions.
9. Assist with the development of the Capital Resource Allocation Management Program request that is submitted to the state annually.
10. Work with the Associate Vice President of Facilities to continually update the District Site and Construction Master Plan submitted annually to the ICCB.
11. Work with the Capital Development Board in completing projects that are managed and funded through them.
12. Maintain renovation and remodeling project progress reports and publish twice a month.
13. Generate request for payment following sufficient completion of work.
14. Provide information regarding the expenditures for the Construction budget.
15. Assist in the budget development for Life Safety rehabilitation and remodeling.
16. Assist the Associate Vice President of Facilities with the administration of college wide projects.
17. Collaborate with all College personnel to provide input for decisions using sound business principles with knowledge of facilities and fiscal constraints.
18. Assist in the development of goals and objectives for the Business Operations areas as related to facilities management based on the mission and strategic plan of the college.
19. Assist in the completion of statewide reports as directed by the Associate Vice President of Facilities
20. Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Facilities.
Experience: Five years construction or project management preferably in a community college environment. Project leadership experience in construction and/or engineering.
Skills: Demonstrated ability in interpersonal communication, project management and resource management. Skills in AUTOCAD, Project Management software, and blueprint reading preferred. Knowledge of construction management, construction estimating, budgeting and project implementation, preferably in a community college environment.