Purpose: Provides professional project supervision as necessary during construction activities on Massport and tenant projects. Observes, inspects and documents the contractor's work to assure adherence to the contract plans and specifications. Manages and coordinates all phases of construction activities to ensure the work does not impact daily operations and is in conformance with the project documents. Provides support on selected on-call Term Contracts. Coordinates all daily construction activities with Massport Operations.
Essential Tasks of the Job
Provide professional support for Project Managers during Design Phase: 1. Review and comment on drawings, specifications, and estimate for conformance with Massport requirements.
2. Review and comment on construction schedule for reasonableness with Massport's specified time.
3. Perform a constructability review.
4.Review and comment on all project work plans.
5. Participate in each project "Safety Huddle".
Provide professional project supervision for Project Managers during all Construction Phase's on all assigned Capital Programs and Tenant Projects: 1. Provide technical leadership for resolution of contract and construction issues.
2.Participate in project pre-construction conference.
3. Provide work site presence as necessary, to ensure compliance of work performed.
4. Prepare and submit a progress report to project record files at the end of each work day or week detailing activities that have taken place on the project site.
5. Maintain the RE's log which shall be submitted to project record files at the end of the project.
6. Participate in weekly job meetings.
7. Maintain an orderly and complete quantity pay book.
8. Monitor the GC's Quality Control programs.
9. Review and comment on GC's initial construction schedule.
10. Review and comment on GC's two-week schedule at the weekly job meeting.
11. Review GC's payment requisitions.
12. Coordinate all aspects of construction with Operations and the Facility Representatives. Verify that the Facility Representative is fully satisfied with the GC's efforts to mitigate all negative impacts to the traveling public and Massport.
13. Ensure that the GC is propelling and effectively coordinating all the construction work with all applicable city, state, and federal agencies as well as all internal Massport departments.
14. Verify weekly that the GC is maintaining a current set of As-Built drawings.
15. Respond to emergencies on the job and coordinates the contractor effort with emergency response.
16. Ensure that the safety plan is enforced.
SECONDARY JOB TASKS: Conduct the weekly job and operations meeting in the absence of the Project Manager and Construction Engineer.
Schedule corrective actions to deficiencies on the AOA and programming preventative maintenance from third party inspections (e.g., Trust Engineer, Pavement Management System inspections, and Airport Shift Manager inspections).
Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 10 years' construction experience in an airport environment or equivalent setting required. Experience in design and construction related to airfield facilities, including airfield pavements, signage, markings, lighting, and related infrastructure is required. Familiarity with Federal Aviation Administration's planning, design and construction standards, and operational safety on airports during construction is desired.
1. Current and valid driver's license unrestricted except for corrective lenses.
2. Ability to pass Massport background check and obtain a Massport Security Badge.
3. Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome Ramp, Apron, and Airfield License.
4. Working knowledge of all Massachusetts state building codes.
5. Knowledge of all standard procedures relative to airport operations with regard to impacts, coordination and safety requirements.
6. Knowledge of FAA Advisory Circulars relative to airport design criteria and construction on an active airfield.
7. Knowledge of FAR Part 139-Certification of Airports with respect to physical conditions of the AOA and compliance therewith.
8. Demonstrates experience with Airport airfield operations.
9. Knowledge of radio procedures and ability to communicate with Operations and Facilities personnel and pertinent FAA personnel.
10. Working knowledge of how environmental conditions affect the operations of particular runways and the airport as a whole.
11. Ability to pass a Massport controlled substances test.
12. Massachusetts Construction Supervisors License is desirable.
13. Experience in management and delivery of CM service on large scale projects.
14. Experience in management of construction staff including project controls and inspection services.
15. Ability to manage project construction activity and resident resources through a web-based software.
Agency: Massachusetts Port Authority
Address: One Harborside Drive, Suite 200S East Boston, Massachusetts, 02128-2909.
Massport owns and operates an integrated world-class transportation network that promotes economic growth and opportunity, enhances the quality of life of New England residents and protects the freedom to travel safely, securely, efficiently and cost-effectively.In meeting our responsibility to connect New England with the world, Massport strives to always be a good steward by treating colleagues ...and customers with respect, embracing diversity and minimizing the impact of transportation services on our neighbors and the environment.